Subject: [Leica] Using Leica lenses on the Sony 7 and 7R
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:17:51 -0600

Regarding EVF's & light cameras with long glass, I just got back from Big
Sur where I spent some time shooting birds & natural form studies.  For
various reasons I ended up switching my main body from my D800 (with an
expedition-sized backpack full of Nikon primes) to my NEX-6 (with 400 6.8
Telyt, Nikon 1.4x extender & shoulder brace.) Also shot a few frames with
mediocre yet functional 16 f/2.8 Sony at f/6.3 or so.

I hafta say, the NEX hanging off the back of the long braced rig with focus
peaking (at effective apertures of f/11, no less) was a damn good rig, and
brought home some really good birdshots.

If anyone wants to see results I'll stick some up.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Using Leica lenses on the Sony 7 and 7R)