Subject: [Leica] Sant Felip de Neri School - Children
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:40:35 -0700

Jay Wrote:
I haven't shared this story yet, but last August while I was in
Weymouth, a resort town in Dorset, southern UK, I was accosted by the
beach lifeguards with a threat to call the police on me if I didn't
cease and desist taking "illegal" pictures of "children".
Apparently, some child's mother told them I was taking pictures as I
walked along the beach.
===================================

I had a similar thing happen here in Albuquerque a few years ago.  I was in
the city park across the street from my house, fooling around with a
film-less CL that I had dropped and was testing for damage.  The only other
folks in the park were a woman and 2-3 small children.  I was around 20
feet from the woman and aiming my camera in the opposite direction when she
yelled at me to stop shooting her kids.  I responded as civilly as I could
and then decided to leave the park, so I went back to my house across the
street.  At that point she apparently called the police, and when they
arrived, pointed out my house as the place where the pervert was lurking.
 By then, two other people had come to the park and the police asked if
they had witnessed anything.  After hearing my description, they told the
police "oh we know that guy.  He's a camera freak but no way is he a
pervert,"  Luckily for me, the cops never came to the door.  I got the last
part of the story from the couple, who happened to be friends of mine.

So it's not a UK thing.
--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE