Subject: [Leica] IMG: Christmas Elves
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:15:16 -0800

Tina Manley OFFERED:

> My grandkids, Sophie, Sadie, and Bennett - ready for Christmas:
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/153575703/original
>
> They will be in Chicago this Christmas with their other grandparents so we
> are practicing early ;-)<<<<<

HiTina,

Beautiful grandchildren and colourful outfits! :-) In Chicago for Christmas?
If they live in your neck of the woods as their regular home turf? Being in
Chicago for Christmas could be a major eye opener if they have a huge
snowfall?

If that's the case the children may never want to visit Chicago ever again
at Christmas nor any month when tons of snow fall and it's freezing cold!?
:-)

Since I moved out here to Victoria very rarely having snow during the winter
or very cold? I avoid returning to the Eastern parts of Canada during
winter! I figure I did my "FREEZING COLD -- SNOW" duties over the years at
my birth home of Toronto and move to Ottawa where they have the longest
skating rink in the world on the Rideau Canal. It didn't make any difference
for me as I stopped ice-skating one year after skating on a farmer's pond
and went through thin ice! :-(

One might call it a "chilling experience!" :-)

Then the many high Arctic assignments shooting at minus 60 below. Or out
with the Eastern Arctic Inuit seal hunters while riding on  an open "sled
made from whale bone and wood.." And pulled by a dozen or so sled dogs.

Great ride unless you fall asleep while riding along in the darkness of the
twilight-zone and get dumped off in the dark. left hollering yer head off
for the hunter to turn around and come back for you.

Never had a hunter who was a happy camper having to turn his team around,
they don't do that on a dime! A great big large circle then find you on the
ice of Frobisher Bay hoping the ice doesn't break through while you're
waiting and yelling for the sled & hunter to "save you?" ;-) from a certain
death if he doesn't!

Just another assignment of adventure! :-)  Lot's of stories like this in the
new biography!

The only place I enjoy snow?  On Christmas cards! :-)

cheers,
ted :-)

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Christmas Elves)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Christmas Elves)