Subject: [Leica] KOFI -- now remembering nov 22
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:46:42 -0800

Well I think mine as a Canadian was a bit different!

I had driven my wife Irene to the Ottawa airport. I got her on her way and
as  I went to leave the airport the Minister of Health of our Federal
Government and his assistants were in quite a fit.

Not like today where everyone is with an iphone? His staff had just received
the news about JFK! And none of them had a quarter for the pay phone! Nor
iphones? So the Minister couldn't phone Parliament regarding the situation!

I reached in my pocket and offered the Minister my quarter! Maybe it helped
he recognized me from a previous photo session?

"Excuse me Mr. Martin here's a quarter !"

"Thank you!" said he and was on the payphone immediately.
 And that's my first memory of the horrible day! :-(

No I never recovered my Quarter.

cheers
Dr. ted!

1 said he And he plaed his call and I left to pick-up my car!

I find it amazing how so many of us remember where? And what we were doing
at the moment!

Quite amazing really! But I shall never forget the moment!

But then the day before I had taken the photograph of his beautiful wife
aqui whileshe watched the Mounties and their horse.

It is in the new biography amd will be on dissplay  next April in the Leia
Gallery of New York!

cheers,
ted

Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] KOFI -- now remembering nov 22)