Subject: [Leica] Sometimes it takes a tripod.....
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:45:30 -0800

Well, you are right that my M lenses will never ( ?) be made AF'able.  The
joy in AF is purely dependent on personal taste.  I am fine with MF.

But the point of my Kit is to have a light weight camera bag.  With one
exception.... I always have carried a spare camera, just in case the M (or
whatever) dies during the trip.  Trying to keep it light implies to me the
need to keep it simple... no duplicated lenses.  Thus, the joys of AF are
relegated to my D1x.

The D1x does not accompany me on trips.  For a lot of reasons.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

You are missing out on the joys of having AF available with excellent
lenses.