Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 06:51:46 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Glass is no longer the issue.  It is the eye that is ( and I believe always
>was) the weak link.  AF is the solution....  or MF + enlarged EVF.
>
>Think I am wrong?  Go out there and look for images that are truly sharp....
>MF or AF?....

MF or AF? (no enlarged EVF)

http://wildlightphoto.com/temp/btha04crop.jpg

uncropped:
http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/leporidae/bthare04.html

http://wildlightphoto.com/temp/wfib01crop1.jpg
http://wildlightphoto.com/temp/wfib01crop2.jpg

the image as shown on my website is about 1/3 of the image area
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/threskiornithidae/wfib01.html

I have many more that illustrate the point but I don't have cropped images
handy.  For TTL manual focus a sharp lens and a good viewfinder with proper
diopter correction make a big difference.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4)