Subject: [Leica] Fuji XE-1.. Pretty remarkable....
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 12:45:50 -0800

I received my ?experienced? Xe-1 camera today.  My intent is to understand,
first hand, the advantages and limitations of EVF.  It will be used only
with my Leica lenses.  This is not a test of the Fuji as a replacement for
my M9 ( it is a test of a reasonable backup to the M9)

First:  you don?t need so many buttons/instructions if you are going to put
Leica glass up front.  ? of the Instructions have to do with AF,  modes,
stuff of little interest
. In this application.

Getting the EVF to work did not setup the Focus peaking
 which I did
honestly expect it to do
 Had to read the book to find the gems of wisdom
.

Trying the EVF out was a bit different
.I think my expectations were wrong

I expected the Focus Peaking to always be on.  Apparently it takes a few
pushes of a button to get it on, and it goes off after it is ?happy?

I expected the EVF to have constant brightness regardless of scene
brightness.  Brightness varies with the scene brightness.

The EVF IS slow
 but since I am not so much into fast moving scenes (
Landscapes usually do not move)  it seems something to watch, but not a game
stopper
.

I did like the overall approach, and especially the x10 focus multiplier

VERY handy
.

Maybe I have the camera setup wrong?  Maybe I SHOULD read the rest of the
manual
..

First (happy) shots off my 35 Cron were pretty good, and surprise, readable
in LR4

It ain?t no M9, then again, it is 1/10 the price
 good enough for a backup
pseudo-M camera
.

More to come