Subject: [Leica] conductor photo***
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:33:45 -0600

On Nov 6, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

> I've noticed this too, and I'd still be able to use my R extenders and
> extension tubes (no mount changes!).  It can also use FD, AI, pre-AI, EOS,
> G-type Nikkors, and with a few restrictions that mean little to me, just
> about anything else you can put on 'em.  With the A7r at 36 full-frame,
> no-AA-filtered MP.
>
> I'd have to see for myself what I think of the EVF but from where I sit
> it's the only possible deal-killer the A7r has.

While it may be a serious contender for long R glass;
the results I've seen so far when using M glass, 50 mm and shorter, look
horrible
everywhere but the center area.
I'd guess it's the lack of micro lenses - or at least lack of the "proper"
micro lenses.
Really wish it were not so.
I'm hoping perhaps the tests I've seen are simply an anomaly.
Yet it seems fairly obvious that Leica M cameras are optimized for Leica M
lenses.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com