Subject: [Leica] Nikon Df Body..... disappointment......
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 06:38:50 -0800

I read the rumors:  Camera would have a EVF as well as an optical VF,
basically a Sony A7 for Nikon lenses.  I was psyched.. I was ready to
evaluate.

But the Df turns out to have no EVF, and is basically a D4 without some
features.   Probably a very good camera, but not what I was/am looking for.

Forget the price and retro styling, no EVF, no interest, at 16Mp.

The Sony would be wonderful, but not having the ability to use my Leica
lenses with lens and vignetting and color corrections, nor my Nikon lenses
with auto-aperture operation, it too is a non-starter.

Back to evaluating the Fuji X-E1, X-E2  ( as backups), Nikon D600, D610,
D800, D800e and the D7100.   Bob thinks I should consider the M.  Maybe when
it drops to the floor in price.. Not now.

BTW, the 50 Summilux ASPH is just a brilliant piece of glass.. Blows away
all the Nikon 50's by a long shot...  Wonder if it is "good enough " for a
36MP sensor?

Testing out a few 90's today.. 80 years old and newer...

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net