Subject: [Leica] Staying at Machu Picchu
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 21:53:44 -0700

Thanks Duane....  I was not sure there was anything at Aquas Caliente other
than the Archeological site....

Maybe a half day in advance is plenty.....

So the walk down would not be that bad?  Now THAT is an idea.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Actually, the other route that can allow you to stay later.... But not pay
$800 a night...    is to walk down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes....
It really isn't that bad of a walk...   there are kids/Chasquis  who race
the buses down... and of course the kids win...

I wouldn't recommend walking up...  save your legs for Huyana Picchu    : )

I like the idea of spending two days at the site...    It increases your odd
of getting good light...

But if it was me...   I would spend the extra day or two elsewhere....
There isn't much history in Aguas Calientes it's a relatively new town...
and it's only real existence is off of tourists...  and I didn't find it all
that photogenic or memorable...   But some people enjoy it : )

Duane

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Staying at Machu Picchu)