Subject: [Leica] Theoretical mp limit?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:03:45 +0000

Hence my 'decent sized sensor' comment ;-)

john

>From sunny Finland comes this  NOKIA 808 in a cell phone camera  which has
41 MP squeezed into a 10.67 by 8.00mm sensor size which is a 13.33mm
diagonal think normal lens size.
Camera resolution: 7728 x 5368, 7728 x 4354
Its costing $299.99 you'd think you'd have to pay at least $300 for
technology like this.
six-elements lens with ZEISS optics and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for you.
F2.2 lens
high-resolution f/2.4 Zeiss all-aspherical 1-group lens.
Optical image stabilization

And unlike my 12 mp Nikon D700 you can make a phone call with it. Belive me
I've tried.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Theoretical mp limit?)