Subject: [Leica] IMG: Neighborhood Construction Work
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:47:08 -0500

After 50 years of service, the city entered into a contract to re-line
the sewer line on our street, and re-make all of the sewer taps.  I have
seen this from a distance, but, today, decided to see what it was all
about.  Fortunately, I'm on the corner, and connect to a large main on
the adjacent street, so my yard escapes the damage.

The job boss was waiting for his dump truck to return, so we discussed
the job.  He was happy to allow me to take photos.  Here, he is in the
cab waiting for the truck, and I got a bonus in a "selfie" in the mirror
mounted on the upper corner of the cab.

When the truck returned, he resumed digging to expose the main sewer for
the new tap.

Swinging around, he dumped the bucket load in the truck.

There are also a water main and a gas main along the street, so this
takes more care than might be realized at first glance.  And,
beforehand, they asked customers to make limited use of their sewers
while the work was underway, because their lines are open to the
excavation.:-)

Fuji X-E1 and 18-55

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--