Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tyneham Ghost Village
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:16:04 +0100

Alan,

in Jay's defence I would say that he has captured the atmosphere of the
village
as it is in August. It can get very busy. He recorded what he saw, in a
sense it
is quite full of pathos that the empty village has become a tourist halt.

To see the bleakness and feel the senses of loss and isolation you have to go
back on one of those weekends when it is open later in the year (it sits in
the
middle of a live firing range which limits opening). If you go down to the
beach
which is about 1/2 mile away and where the fishing boats used to go out from
it
is sadder still.

Peter

--