Subject: [Leica] IMG: ASSIGNMENT #3: "VASE & FLOWERS BY WINDOW LIGHT!" GEORGE L.
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:26:06 -0500

On Sep 15, 2013, at 5:02 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> George Lottermoser SHOWED:
> Subject: [Leica] IMG: ASSIGNMENT #3: "VASE & FLOWERS BY WINDOW LIGHT!"
>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=7947>
>

> Hi George:
> Very very interesting! Nice to see one in the shape of the assignment
> request! Thanks.
>
> As I often say, it's our abilities to observe the moments as simple or
> complicated as they maybe, that sorts out many photographers in being
> consistently a successful shooter!
> As in this photograph it makes you stop and look at the details and
> lighting. I particularly like the lighting of the scene.
>
> It's one of your forte showing photos! They always make one stop, look for
> while and admire your momentary click!
>
> Would I change anything? Nope? However if one wanted to be a mickey mouse
> nit picker? I try not to be! ;-) BUT? ;-)
>
> At the very bottom of the frame there's a small crooked shadow? Caused by a
> stem? And as much as it's hardly noticeable?  If someone wanted to be a nit
> picking SOB you could lose brownie points if the photo were in a "fine art
> viewing chamber."
>
> In the future? See and remove if possssible offending stem? Or use some
> form
> of Photoshop and spot it out to the same colour as the surounding area.
>
> Like I say the above comment re-shadow? Is pure nit-picking.

Very interesting nit-picking too.
I went back and forth and every which way re: that shadow;
and in the end very consciously decided on this composition;
actually loving the repetition of the right angle;
as well as the continuation of the shadow
from the focal point.

In other words I "love that shadow."

;~)

Regards,