Subject: [Leica] Facebook privacity
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:03:18 +0200

Thank to Ken Carney I know that one of my pictures has appeared on his FB
page as sponsored by  Mayweather v. Canelo.

<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=724221624271320&set=a.724221617604654.1073741836.100000504663582&type=1&theater>

Ken has kindly commented "On my FB page it shows up as sponsored by
Mayweather v. Canelo, two thugs trying to beat each other to death in a
prize fight. End of rant.!

For those don't have FB, this is the picture:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lluisripoll/9739025169/>

Some days ago Tina and BD has informed about the new FB Rules

<http://asmp.org/fb-tos#%2EUjPeubyhCb>

BD Colen has posted in the same sense:

<http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/09/08/american-society-of-media-photographers-warns-about-new-facebook-t-cs?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_6>.

WHAT I'VE DO

1.- First at all I've search in FB and Google who are and which is the
content of  "Mayweather v. Canelo", this is about Boxing ?.! But I didn't
saw my picture

2.- I've do a search in <http://tineye.com> ("Who stolen my pictures"). No
traces.

3.- I've download my picture from FB, and Oh! surprise! all Metadata has
disappeared: Copyright, Tittle, Key words, Author ? absolutely everything
was blank!

CONLUSION

The only protection we can have for our images is do the water mark as
visible and big as you can. At this moment I don't know if I'll delete all
my pictures in FB?.

A FINAL ADVISE

I have not post the picture directly on FB, I've posted it on Flickr and
I've authorized Flickr to post it in FB, but the loss of the metadata is the
same as it was posted in FB or through Flickr

Any comments, suggestions about?

Thanks for sharing,

Saludos cordiales
Lluis