Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday flowers and other miscellany
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:44:40 -0400 (EDT)

Friday submission. Just noodling. No theme in mind.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Fried+Calamari+for+lunch.JPG.html
I love these but they give me heartburn. I chew an antacid for dessert.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Friday+Flower_004.JPG.html
Too late for the Red assignment.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Friday+flower+under+tree.JPG.html
This is the sixth large tree we have lost this year. Our land, in the Hudson
Valley, is adjacent to the glacial moraine of the last glacier to cover the
area. The glacier scoured the earth, removed the topsoil down to the granite
substrate, and deposited its load of rocks. The land was abandoned for
farming about 150 years ago as farmers moved to more fertile areas. Trees
grew and were not removed. Tree roots could not penetrate the granite so
they just spread out. The combination of Hurricane Sandy and last season's
heavy rainfall was too much. Huge old trees toppled taking out much of the
electrical infrastructure. Many areas, especially those along the New Jersey
shore have not yet recovered.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Friday flowers and other miscellany)