Subject: [Leica] Ted, thank you
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 12:45:47 -0400 (EDT)

 Ted,
I want to thank you for your stint as Assignment Editor. But I fully
understand your comments that it is a thankless task. So few submissions but
each needing an evaluation and a comment. The sad fact is that most of us
have reached the age where we photograph whatever strikes our fancy, not
what someone else tells us to do. Even those Luggers who make a living
taking pictures submit only their personal favorites to the gallery.

I must admit that I felt a bit guilty about not fully accepting the idea of
each new assignment. Somewhere in my archives I had a picture that would
meet the requirements. Sometimes barely. Why try to take another just to
prove that I could.
That may well have been the case for most of us.

Still, I would like to thank you for your efforts. As a group we probably
don't deserve mentoring by a photographer of your caliber. As for me, I just
push the button, snapping whatever I find pleasing in the viewfinder.
Thinking is for working photographers. I just do it for the fun.?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Larry Z (an adventitious photographer)

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Ted, thank you)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Ted, thank you)