Subject: [Leica] X Pro Question
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:56:49 +0700

Dear Peter,

I own two Rokkors designed for the Leica CL and Minolta CLE, the 40mm and
90mm. No Minolta in the MD/ML mount though, so my only advice can only be
based on previous experience with third party adapter makers.

The usual suspects like Kipon are usually fine. And higher priced. Had one
dud amongst about a dozen Kipon adapters. Checking on the Internet, I have
had good experience with ADPLO. Okay with Cam-Plus and Da Cheng. Iffy
delivery issues with Big-IS, twice the items failed to reach but eventually
did after I threatened action. It does however have the widest selection of
chipped adapters.

Metabones is amongst the best and most expensive. Fotodiox is slightly
cheaper than Metabones but quite often more expensive than Kipon.

Another brand Fotga is priced in between the Metabones/Fotodiox/Kipon and
the cheap Chinese ones. Had a loose Fotga  Pentax to Sony mount. Was worse
than a much cheaper Chinese brand but otherwise  the most cost effective
brand. Great build quality just occasional hiccup.

The best and most useful adapter that I have is the Kipon Contax 645 to
Nikon F mount adapter. Cost almost USD300 but works wonderfully well with
all my Contax lenses.

Have fun with your legacy lenses!

David Ching

H.P. Tel. no.: +84 904684321 (Vietnam)