Subject: [Leica] All is not lost
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:15:58 -0600

Gerry Walden wrote:
>Quite amazing colour work. To my mind, as a long time b&w shooter who >now
regularly converts his colour raw files into b&w, not one of them has lost
>its impact through the colorisation process.

I agree, Gerry.  The color added new life to many of them IMO.  However,
it's easy to overlook the fact that the colorizer gets to choose the colors
used, (and made tasteful choices in these examples).  That's not often the
case when out and about.  Usually the only time color annoys me is when the
photog wasn't judicious about considering color as integral to the
composition.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE