Subject: [Leica] Photo contest rules
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:47:16 -0400 (EDT)

 I have no objection to banning archival photos from any current assignment
contest since those are now the rules. I've treated my personal cache of
85,000 pictures taken over the last 60 years as a magazine editor would
treat a stock agency. Somewheres in my files I can find a photo for every
contingency. As an adventitious photographer I took pictures of almost
everything that pleased me.

But the requirement to take new pictures every week to satisfy an assignment
is a hardship on some of us mossbacks. I'm afraid that I can't treat any
contest as a learning experience. It is not likely that I can change my
photographic style on a weekly basis. It may be fun to try but I'm afraid
that, at least in my case, what you see is what you get. Mostly
unimaginative snapshots.

Larry Z