Subject: [Leica] Leica R to Fuji X adapter?..
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 02:23:55 +0000

I have had an M for a few weeks now, it is an improvement over the M9 in
almost every way (other than size/weight, I cannot think of anything else
not an improvement ;-)).

BUT, its VF-2 EVF is not good enough to replace the r/f IMO. It is useful
for more accurate framing (especially with ultra wides) and some focussing,
closer up it works but at distance is too imprecise. You need to go to 5x
magnification to get more accurate focus which brings in camera wobble. So
shots up to perhaps 10m focus fine but beyond that the further it gets the
less accurate. That said, the factory R adaptor is not out yet and that may
improve things, my cheap one has a lot of play, but will not change the EVF
accuracy. The 80 Summilux and 100mm APO Macro have been OK for what I use
them for but the 70/180 is unusable over about 20m (given that it focusses
beyond infinity).

john

And like you Frank, I have about given up on the M too. Seems like Fuji is
the main beneficiary on this list. It's not that Luggers are abandoning
Leica, just that a few are preparing for the M. Yes?

David Ching

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica R to Fuji X adapter?..)