Subject: [Leica] How many Leicas do you sacrifice to learn how to fix one?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:42:01 -0400

How many Leicas do you sacrifice to learn how to fix one?

I may have fatally wounded a Leica SL.    I bought a good one and one
that was jammed.  Well, the jammed one fixed up fine, but the good one
jammed up as I was checking it over.  An internal bearing came loose
from the casting, and seized up the takeup sprocket.

So, I got what I paid for, but, not quite the units that I was intending.

I knew a tech that said "No Leica should die" and restored any that came
his way.

I still think I can restore my jammed SL, but, it sure looks like many
more hours will be needed.

...Vick