Subject: [Leica] Rufous braking
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:56:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Howard Cummer wrote:

So far today - and it is just after 2 pm - I have taken 93 hummingbird
photos.
I like this one the best. It shows a female Rufous (at least I think it is a
Rufous) Doug?

http://tinyurl.com/k2e2wy9

<<<

Yes this is a Rufous Hummingbird.  The only other Hummingbird yo might see
in your area that has the rusty flanks is the Allen's Hummingbird.  Allen's
Hummingbird never shows any rufous color on its back so this bird is
definitely not an Allen's Hummingbird.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com