Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] IMGs: form = the soul of what we see
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:02:19 -0700

Nice shots, and great thoughts.  As far as the images are concerned, at
least the last two.  I think I am more more moved by the B&W in this case,
but the main reason is that in the color image, the background highlights,
upper part and left, compete for my attention quite successfully, and
detract from the color of the leaves and tendrils.  Maybe because they are
different enough in color that they cannot hide.  In the B&W, since the
highlights are the same grays as the subject, they do not compete.  And the
young leaves stand out nicely against the darker tones of the mature leaf.

If the situation with the background were different in the color shot,
perhaps I would like it better, for the yellows of the young shoots and the
greens of the more mature leaf are striking in themselves.

My 2 cents worth on some lovely pictures.

Aram