Subject: [Leica] Fuji and Friday flowers
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 17:55:00 -0500

Since it is Friday, and way too hot to venture out, I tried out the Fuji
XE-1 and 35mm (52) 1.4 with some flowers around the place.  I opened these
in Capture One since it seems to do a better job with the Fuji than
Lightroom (not sure why, but after looking at Howard's post on that subject
I thought I'd better check it out).  The 35mm looks like it will be fine.
If I had a 28mm and 75mm equivalent, life would be good.  Fuji has an 18mm
(27) and 60mm (90) but from what I have read those are not as good as the
35.  Fuji does have a 14mm (21) that is supposed to be excellent also, and
Fuji and Zeiss will be adding more lenses.  If I do my part 12x18 prints
will not be a problem and I can live with that, especially as a tradeoff for
a smaller travel outfit.

C&C always appreciated.

Ken

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/fujitest1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/fujitest2.jpg.html

(I'm not sure what went wrong here.  On my screen it looks fine, but the LUG
image looks way too contrasty.  Maybe the conversion from Adobe RGB to
Srgb?)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/fujitest3.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Fuji and Friday flowers)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Fuji and Friday flowers)