Subject: [Leica] Politically Incorrect terminology
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:58:58 -0500

On Jul 3, 2013, at 11:11 PM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> Jay, you hit the nail on the head.
>
> When I shot this, the gal said to me, "Thanks, I love it when people take
> my picture."
>
> http://www.sonc.com/lunch_at_mamas.htm
>
> Maybe Southern women are different, but I doubt it.

I'm sure many of you have probably noticed that many young people (ages 12 -
well - onward)
spend a whole lot of time and money on makeup, hair cuts and styling,
clothing and jewelry.
I believe it fair to say that they do so in order to be "noticed" "seen" and
"appreciated"
for their beauty, style and taste.

Photography, poetry, drawing, prose, sculpture, paintings, operas, pop -
folk and rock songs
have been expressing the themes of beauty, love, and sexuality since:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf>

Those of you who chose not to notice, see, listen, read and/or appreciate
them and their efforts;
certainly remain free to close your eyes, ears, and all other senses.
I will continue to embrace beauty in the world, the arts that celebrate it,
and that includes sensuality, and sexuality - whether in words, photographs
or any other art form.

Three cheers for all the beautiful people - young and old - of any and every
form and proportion
who say "love it when people take my picture."
Because they're embracing the celebration of their "life."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com