Subject: [Leica] Politically correct
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

 On Jul 3, 2013, at 3:59 PM, lrzeitlin at aol.com wrote:

By the way, I don't intend to insult anyone. I'm just telling it like it is.
Sorry.

May I suggest that you're "telling it like [you think] it is."

Do you consider it "sexist" for me to refer to a photograph of a young woman
as "photograph of a young woman"?

Regards,
George Lottermoser?

- - -?
Not at all. If it is a photograph of a young woman, that's what it is. It is
a reasonable, objective description. On the other hand if it was a
photograph of Margaret Thacher, Hillary Clinton, or Honey Boo Boo, I might
have my doubts.

Of course I'm writing about what I think it is. The whole topic is personal.
The sexist terminology is offensive to me, to my wife, to my daughter and to
my 5 female grandchildren. They are people, not gals, or senoritas, or
skirts, or babes or some derogatory adjective which probably should not be
published here.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Politically correct)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Politically correct)