Subject: [Leica] Re; Accidental photojournalist
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:06:12 -0500

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Herbert Kanner wrote:

> So, if any of you has the patience to explain to me a bit about how it
> works, or to refer me to a web site that would explain, I'd appreciate it.

As Tina has suggested:
A successful Stock Photography business requires a large catalog, well
organized and accessible to the widest possible audience.
Usually that means working with a Stock Agency which that "wide audience"
depends on to fulfill their requirements.

Depending on your interests your research can generally turn up some Stock
source for almost any specialty;
from Science to Railroads to Airplanes to well you name it - you can find it.

For example: in addition to the "general" agencies that Tina has mentioned
you can find Agencies like:
<http://www.sciencesource.com/>

Be careful to read all the fine print in any agreements.
Watch out for the agencies which sell for pennies or sell collections.

If you google "Stock Photos Railroad" or "Stock Photos Whatever"
you'll see many, many "agencies" and sources;
including individual photographers specializing in "whatever."

By exploring those sites you'll soon discover how they do business;
their fee schedule, etc.

Cradoc PhotoBiz also publishes decent software
which suggests use fees, license language, etc.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com