Subject: [Leica] Sony RX1 vs Leica Vario X
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 14:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

I've been following the discussion of the RX1 today.
?
I haven't held one in my hands yet, though I'd like to try one.
?
I did try the Vario X in Berlin and I liked it more than I thought I would.
?
I thought the quality of the photos I shot was impressive, but I didn't give
the camera
much of workout.
?
I thought it was too big to carry in a coat pocket due to the size of the
lens.
?
I did like the simplicity of the dials, something it shares?the M8, 9 and
240 vs the
cameras that have many screens and more options than a diner menu.
?
Getting older, I'm tiring of carrying heavy cameras, the M included.
?
The Fuji X100S might be an alternative.
?
Doug