Subject: [Leica] IMG: Puzzles
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:32:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net>wrote:

>Plantain Lilies are very difficult to photograph, because the lower blooms
>die before the top ones open.  In this case, I caught them just prior to
>opening.
>http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=6313

>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA
Here again, I wished you had watched the background more carefully.  To me,
the composition calls out for the camera to be moved to the left, so that
the main flower would be seen against that nice dark patch in the
background, and the blossoms wouldn't be lined up with the lighter tones.
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978
amr3 at uwm.edu