Subject: [Leica] IMG: Extreme Light
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 06:52:06 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I like it the way it is, bring the contrast down some
and go with it!

Montie

>PESO:

More extreme light from Central America.  I took a whole series of photos
of Lucinda using a backstrap loom to weave material.  The problem is that
she's sitting in the bright sun and the porch is in deep shade.  This one
is just scanned with Vuescan, imported into LR5 and Auto Toned:

http://www.pbase.com/image/150741009

I tried making three exposures and using Photomatix.  I tried PS
Shadows/Highlights.  They both look too fake.  Is the original too extreme
or acceptable for the situation?

TIA

Tina