Subject: [Leica] Computer Quote
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 21:45:24 +0530

Tina,
Here is the configuration I have, and it works extremely well for Photoshop
(and games!) - get something similar:

Processor:  Intel i7 - 3770 @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt

RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR3

Disk Drives:
1. 128 GB Corsair Force 3 SSD - Operating System
2. 128 GB Corsair Force 3 SSD - Windows Swap File / Photoshop Scratch Disk
3. Seagate Barracuda 3TB - RAW
4. Seagate Barracuda 3TB - Prints
5. Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Applications and Misc Files, guides, etc
6. Seagate Backup Plus 4TB External Drive - Continuous backup of critical,
important and RAW files

Display: AMD Radeon HD6900`with 1 GB RAM (ancient!)

Connectivity - Wifi and Gigabit RAM built into the motherboard

Operating System - Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Keyboard, Mouse, DVD/Blu Ray player, etc - Anything that you fancy will do
the job!

I also backup all the files that I think I want once a fortnight on
external drives that are stored at my son's house close by.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Jayanand

Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Computer Quote)