Subject: [Leica] New teaser of the "Mini M"
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 07:23:42 -0700

The "Maestro" Processor is made by Analog Devices.  It is a standard part.
I think they are using 2-3 of them to increase speed and throughput.

Doing a one off special ( combine into 1 chip) to produce maybe 50,000 a
year would not be technically nor economically feasible, would require FW
changes, delay product intro, and other bad things.  To boot, it would
probably require a PCB manufacturing and board level assembly technology
that would further increase the price.

What I need is a cheaper M-whatever.... not a more expensive camera.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Leica are scarcely in a position to commission dedicated chips for the
quantities of bodies they make, even if than would permit a size
reduction...
<<<

Like the Maestro processor?

Doug Herr