Subject: [Leica] REASONS why Leica is so slow with M
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:52:16 +0000

The M8/M9/Monochrom are rangefinders only, similar to the M3, the new M has
a rangefinder but can also use liveview (electronic). The M can use liveview
on the built in screen or an accessory viewfinder slips onto the hotshoe and
connects via a plug in the back of the camera. It can still work as a
rangefinder though!

john

Does the M require an accessory EVF?  My last Leica was an M3, and it was
pretty simple.  Line up the split rangefinder and click.  Do the M8/M9/M
have electronic instead of the old optical rangefinders?  As you might well
guess, I am out of touch with the digital world except for DSLR's.  Also
watch out for spiders, as your odds don't look that great.

Ken