Subject: [Leica] More on the M
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 05:38:34 +0000

There is histogram with preview! The info screens are now 4 different ways
(like the Monochrom), whichever view you last looked at is how previews will
appear.

The way I use my cameras (strap wrapped around right wrist and camera in
hand) the 'info' button and surround digs into my hand a bit, never got that
on the M9 and I thought at first it was because I was using my heaviest
lenses but it was similar today with 50mm Summilux.

The baseplate is only about 1mm wider than the M9. The M9 with 50mm Summilux
asph focused on infinity will topple over onto lens, the M sits flat.
Focused to 0.7m the M is wobbly but still sits flat on baseplate - mostly
the battery making that difference

The battery is made by 'Leica Camera Korea Ltd'.........

Not had time to do side-by-sides, but bringing the M images into LR look
seamless compared with the M9 ones, whereas I found the D800E were different.

Tried some tripod mounted LV shots with long lens, focus peaking worked well.

I do not have an EVF yet, waiting to see if the new Olympus VF-4 will work
as much better than the VF-2 - which Leica re-badge (and double the cost)

Using lossless compressed DNG files, the sizes vary from under 22MB to about
27MB

john