Subject: [Leica] Computer Question
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 15:31:47 -0400

Tina,

Many of the SSDs comes with a 3.5" HDD bay adapter in the box. I have
several SSDs that came with the 3.5" HDD bay adapter to fit the 2.5" drive
into the 3.5" bays. You should be get one from almost any decent PC shop. I
have several if you want to come by my house to pick one up. ;-)

Now that been said, the 2.5" SSDs has no moving parts. Therefore it does not
vibrate and doesn't REALLY need to be bolted to anything unlike the 3.5"
HDDs. You can just plug the power and SATA cable into the SSD and let the
SSDs sit on some spare (unused) area inside your PC case.

On a demo-in-a-briefcase system I had built earlier this year, I used
electrician tape and velcro to fasten a stack of 3 SSDs to the bottom side
of a mounting plate. No screws involved.

Regards,
Spencer