Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:06:44 -0500

On May 17, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> And that's exactly why the M9 was not embraced by pro and very
> serious shooters.
> And now with the new M they can bring that camera home to meet Mom.
>
> And photograph  her at f 5.6 at 125th instead of 1.4 at a 15th..

By no report I've read does the M(240)
perform at 7 stops higher ISO than the M9 (or even the M8).

The M9 seems to perform fairly well at ISO 1600

If you have a link to such a report
with images demonstrating the M's performance at ISO 204,800
matching the quality of an M9 shot at 1600
do point me to it.

The reports I've seen suggest an improvement of 1 to 1.5 stops
About the same improvement found when moving from M8 to M9.

Now the Monochrom is a different beast shows significant high ISO performance
by all reports.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com