Subject: [Leica] OT: photo gallery software - your thoughts?
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 22:28:24 -0700

Our bike club has had its own photo gallery for some time but the current
one has been hit by some seriously disastrous malware. We're going to have
to start from scratch.

I know that more than a few here have their own web galleries and of course
Brian runs the LUG's.

I'm wondering if people would share their thoughts with me both about their
investigations into the best gallery software and the worst as well as any
insights you might have gained in  your selection process.

I'll be doing a bit of traveling over the next few days but I'll try to
respond to any questions.

The host almost certainly will be a UNIX/LINUX system, not Windows.

It might be easier to respond to me directly so we don't clog the list with
off-topic responses unless folks think it would be interesting.

I should add that usage will be relatively light - maybe a few hundred
images a month - but I'd like to be able to easily keep images sorted by
month. Of course people would need to have usernames and passwords. Some
sort of tagging and the maintenance of metadata would be really good.

Thanks,

Adam Bridge