Subject: [Leica] Filters and the monochrome M
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:55:25 -0700

As a long time b&w user, mostly with 4x5, I "grew up" with the idea that
filters can make or break your image, both in appearance and in ease of
printing.
I have used filters with the Monochrom some; mostly I've been under
cloudy skies or urban street scenes so I have not felt the need to use many.
Once the sun comes out I'll most likely have a light yellow on all the
time, and use the darker colors as necessary.

I do agree with Marty that so far, filters don't seem to be quite as
necessary, compared to film, due to the amazing range of the Mono image
in post processing.
Don't own a color capable camera anymore so can't help with your second
question. :-)

Jay

--
Jay,

Jay Burleson Gallery <http://jayburleson.com/leica/gallery/index.php/>
"A photographer is simply someone who is
looking for something that can't be found.
The photograph is the record of that attempt."