Subject: [Leica] Cheetah Portraits
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:01:49 +0530

The most enjoyable sessions were with a Cheetah family, a mother and three
cubs, who had no fear of humans or vehicles and frequently used the
vehicles as props for play, jumping on the front of the vehicle or the
spare wheel in the rear, or scooting under the chassis playing hide and
seek. Two of them used our vehicle, and jumped on the front and these are
portraits shot 3-4 feet away through the opening on the top:

Eye Contact:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08895.jpg.html

Eye Contact (Selective Colour) - an experiment as I find the eyes of a
Cheetah mesmerizing. I deepened the colour of the eyes for effect:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08895SC.jpg.html

Portrait in Colour:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08875.jpg.html

Tasting the Metal:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08856.jpg.html

Portrait in B&W:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08890.jpg.html

Exasperation (-:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130309_08894.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] Cheetah Portraits)
Reply from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] Cheetah Portraits)