Subject: [Leica] Cataract surgery, part deux :-) :-) :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:30:22 -0700

Peter Klein OFFERED:

> LUG:  Caution, unabashed play for sympathy ahead.<<<<

Hi Peter,
If one lives long enough there is always a "funny story to come out of these
situations!  As well as brilliantly and beautifully entertaining! :-)

Regardless of how wild your imagination can be in creating mental colours it
will never show you the most mind blowing colours as the surgeon is going
about doing his thing and you see the most incredible drop dead colours
you'll never imagine while the operation is going on.

No they don't put you off to sleep while it takes place, you're wide awake
and hear all the chatter and see the most brilliant colours. I just wished I
had a camera that could capture the colours "seen!" You'll see many
brilliant colours..... extremely entertaining. And you wont feel a thing.

Then there's the funny moments. You are advised to go to the bathroom before
the operation and rid yourself of urine. I DID SO! :-)  Now I'm lying on the
table and the doctor is chatting away about what's happening and about to
and he says......... "OK Ted just relax and we'll be all done in a few
minutes.. Unfortunately at that very moment.. I FEEL A MEGA PEE COMING ON!
:-( I PEE MYSELF A GALLON!" Right there and away it goes. Me thinking......
"I guess it was a good idea to wear a pair of my undershorts Depends for
just such occasions to soak it up!

So I say to him "Well I'm relaxed alright as I just peed myself!!!!!! :-)
(Muffled snickers from OR staff) Then the good doc says....... "I didn't
mean to relax that much!!!" Laughter out loud!)

So as long as you stay relaxed with an attitude of...... "OH WHAT THE HELL
IT'S ONLY PEE!" You haven't got a thing to be concerned about. You'll do
just fine lad!

cheers,