Subject: [Leica] MS Surface Pro, Macbook Air battery life questions
From: alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:21:18 -0500

Hi all.

I find myself in need of a lightweight carry-to-work-every-day electronic
appliance with Wi-Fi connectivity. I do have a 13" laptop  but am looking
for something far lighter, say 900 -1100g max.

My initial thought was to get a 9-10" tablet, iPad or Android, but
complicating the choice are the Macbook air and new MS Surface Pro tablet.
Both  are full-power i5 based computers and are only a few hundred grams
more.  If any lugers are using the Air or Surface Pro,  could they please
comment on battery life? Is it possible to get through a day without
recharging?  I have seen the battery life tests on line, of course, but
would appreciate advise from real world users.

Thanks,

Akhil

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] MS Surface Pro, Macbook Air battery life questions)