Subject: [Leica] Not so much celebrity Leica spotting as celebrity spotting Leica.
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:24:27 -0500

So, I walk into the room to shoot some stills and Sean Lennon is all,

  "What kind of camera is that?  An M9?"

and I'm all,

  "No, it's this wacky digital Leica which only takes black and white
pictures."

and Sean Lennon is all,

  "The M Monochrom?  I totally want one of those.  Where did you get
it?  Can I hold that?"

So that was part of my day at the Magic Factory a couple of Fridays
ago; I finally got time to edit and post the pictures.

[All dialogue paraphrased, not transcribed.]

Did I drop that name hard enough? I was going for Kyle-style.

So we've established that Sean Ono Lennon not only has an interest in
photography, he has a particular interest in Leicas;  here he is
checking my MM out:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/8462733119/in/set-72157632735852723

Here's the whole brief set of photos of the band:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/sets/72157632735852723/

[Leica M Monochrom and some Canon.]

The set SL and Greg Saunier (he of Deerhoof;  these two collectively
as Mystical Weapons) played is scheduled to air on Brian Turner's WFMU
show tomorrow (Tuesday, 12 Feb, 15:00-18:00 EST):

  http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/BT

many of @seanonolennon's tweets on 25 January were of the wacky
wonders to be found here at WFMU, f'rinstance:

  https://twitter.com/seanonolennon/status/294952624443240449

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (chris williams) ([Leica] Not so much celebrity Leica spotting as celebrity spotting Leica.)
Reply from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Not so much celebrity Leica spotting as celebrity spotting Leica.)