Subject: [Leica] Adapters for Leica R (and other lenses) on Canon
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 02:50:54 +0100

This company here in Hannover has what's probably the
largest selection of adapters - 36 alone for Canon
EOS/EF cameras.

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Lens-Mount-Adapter/Canon-Adapters:::197_202.html

I've dealt with them dozens of times, and they are a
very reputable firm - if they hadn't been, I could have
been in their store within 15 minutes to find out why
in person!!;-)

I have adapters for Pentax-K, M42, Leica-M, Leica-R,
Olympus-OM, and Contax/Yashica from them. They are all
reasonably priced and good quality (both with and
without the focus confirmation chip - not quite
machined up to Novoflex standards, but much, much less
expensive - and if you want Leica-like quality, they
sell the Novoflex adapters, too).

Steer clear of the adapter for Rollei-QBM, it's pretty
crappy. The tab to depress the aperture pin breaks off
easily, and the tolerances from adapter to adapter vary
quite a lot (actually, the Rollei/Zeiss lens bayonets
are not masters of precision either, and the same
applies to some Contax/Yashica lenses made by (for?)
Zeiss in Japan.

The adapter for Canon FD to Canon EF is a little dodgy
- if you want to have infinity focus, you have to put
up with an extra lens in the system - it's passable
when you stop down to around 5.6, but leaves quite a
bit to be desired at wider apertures

Their adapters for Leica-R to M and C/Y to M are very
well made, too.

Cheers
Douglas

Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica R on Canon)