Subject: [Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 06:05:25 -0800

Frank... if you get the opportunity, I would love to see the with and
without results of using this extender....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I don't have a copy of the book but I -do- have one of the prototype
extenders.
The idea was to effectively supply the 135mm focal length by adding the
extender to the 90mm f2.8 tele-elmarit, since the 135 was an even smaller
production volume item than the others and wasn't cost effective.
They didn't go into production since they did not achieve the optical
quality necessary.

FD

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica M Prototype 1.5x Extender)