Subject: [Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday AN OPEN COMMENT!
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:15:15 -0800
References: <5845177.1358980641916.JavaMail.root@mswamui-cedar.atl.sa.earthlink.net><006601cdfb43$fdc63b60$f952b220$@NelonAssociates.com><66198DE2-6ED8-4D3A-8920-8F8EB7942C5B@btinternet.com><CAH1UNJ0HnMQ3TD-KTArq3=iQwfCGvVV7cwKYn4GEoinaEyP0YQ@mail.gmail.com><008a01cdfb71$57c24c80$0746e580$@NelonAssociates.com><BLU0-SMTP54FF8FDCDB1E1F081EE4578C1A0@phx.gbl> <055201cdfbde$7a08a1f0$6e19e5d0$@verizon.net> <86DC6C8A5B034C24941689BC726E3246@syneticfeba505>

Hey Ted.. Don't blame me... I do not own a DMR ( nor have ever owned any R
stuff, wish I had, but....).  I am trying to suggest to those that want to
keep their DMR running how to do it.  Probably the only way to do it.

Do I think it is practical? No.  Do I think it is necessary if the guy/gal
wants to or must keep their DMR running?  Yes.
Do I consider the my response at wits end?  Yes.

But inevitably, like Daguerreotypes, tintypes, Kodachrome 25, specific B+W
film and developer combinations, they become unsupported/unsupportable.
That is the end game.

You have to face up to it, make your best call, do what you feel is in your
best interest, and get on with it.

I think Ted supports the theory to accept the demise of the R family, and
specifically the DMR, buy something else, and go take pictures.

Doug is one of the few that seemingly has a real need to keep his DMR
alive....and his photos show how good a DMR can be.

Doug... any comments to make in light of parts availability going south?
Have you found a camera to use when the DMR breaks and really becomes a
paper weight?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I don't think my Leica gear or other photographic bit's has ever become as
disappointing as this particular piece of digital equipment, the DMR! The
negative stories since it arrived on the market with such great fanfare have
become the most depressing jabberwocky of weak assed excuses... disgusting
comments by the Leica head office and I can't imagine a comment by a member
as an answer to maybe? Just maybe???? Might keep his DMR alive a bit
longer......... "BUY SEVERAL OR AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND CANNIBALIZE THEM  AS
REQUIRED!"

I have several lens adapters for Canon SLR'S. The captured images are quite
satisfactory with the Leica adapted lenses. Clients like what they see, I'm
happy with the results and about to shoot a new book this year for the
university to celebrate their medical faculty's 10 year anniversary. I will
use my M8 as much as possible, even though only one body. And I'll fill the
gear gap with SLR Canon and adapted Leica glass.  KISS! It's show no fear,
take no prisoners and don't sweat one iota over the "Lost Leica Tribe" of
yore.

Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Topoxforddoc) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from JNelon at NelonAssociates.com (James R. Nelon) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] finally got my R9/DMR back-yesterday AN OPEN COMMENT!)