Subject: [Leica] IMGs: minus five degrees fahrenheit
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:30:16 -0600

On Jan 24, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Herbert Kanner wrote:

> Simply beautiful. But the price you pay for that beauty is living at such
> a temperature. After eighteen years, on and off, in Chicago, I actually
> declined a tenure offer at a major midwest university just to get out of
> the goddam cold.

> On Jan 23, 2013, at 9:22 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>
>> c & c always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=7062>

Yup. And the older we get the deeper the chill seems to move into the bones.

As children we played in the snow, built snow men and forts, getting soaking
wet;
and skated with our blue toes.
As teens, twenty, thirty and forty somethings we cross country skied;
skated, hiked and built snow forts with our kids.

At 67 the walk to the mail box feels painful when in the single digits F.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com