Subject: [Leica] According to Ted and Don advices > Ted and George
From: foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:22:25 +0100

Ted, George

Well, clearly expressed, my friends!
The fact: first I saw the bright green patch, and later the fine details and
tiny structures.
The matter: when travel I usually just take 3 lenses with me: 21-35, 35-70
and 70-210, the one used is in this case.
In other circumstances, the Apo-Macro 100 would have been my choice, for
sure.
Even so, I still think the first version has the merit to site the item in
its context, without minimize the appealing center of the
image...
Next time, I'll take more lenses :)
Thanks a lot for your opinion!.
Cheers,
Marc

Mosses, lichens and eucalyptus cropped.

http://tinyurl.com/bcu8cnb
Any opini?n about?
Cheers,

Hi Marc,
I like this tighter version much better.

However?  My gut feeling is because it is a lichen or moss to get thr real
visial impact maybe it requires a "macro?" kind of image.

There seems lots of "tiny elements" that wouuld increase the impact of the
image if a macro type photo.  I still think that's how
your "vision  was being affected" by all the tiny bits.

But then it's your photo and how you saw and felt it through the the camera?
cheers,
ted

I do prefer the tighter view

a lot