Subject: [Leica] Guess Mark is targeting me as I sort of started the thread.
From: davidhhching1 at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:32:50 +0630

Guess Mark is targeting me as I sort of started the thread.

Well it's okay Mark :).  Here's the "whys" :
1. I do not trade as I have never sold any gear (so far).
2. Been buying from ebay and other sites over 3 years already cause I live
in the East where Leicas especially older ones are rare. So the latest
incident would have happened sooner than later.
And I wrote in to warn fellow Luggers, not to sound "cool".
3. If I lose on that scam, it's a painful lesson . Am not a loaded B------D.
Couldn't sleep well when my M SA 21mm was stolen last year.
4. Am not a collector cause I don't trade nor display my "collection". But
then again what's wrong being a collector. If someone wants his gold version
R3, kudos to him. His happiness counts not others.
5. I am not a professional photographer. But now am a Lugger like the rest.
Simply a newbie. And even proud of it. Is it a sin not to be a pro or is it
a pre-requisite?
6. Have been shooting since 14 years old, was President of my school photo
club two years running. Now started a photo club in Saigon. Isn't that
interest enough?
7. Read LUG forum almost everyday wherever I am. And contribute if I can
(sent in my photos for the 2012 Yearbook). Just that I haven't uploaded my
photos for lack of time and opportunity. At times prefer my privacy as well
as others wanting theirs. Should I be less involved?

If I were to tell you more about my "collection" of Leica gear and others,
you'd probably then target me again.

No hard feelings on my end,  Mark. You are just overly passionate about
photography and rather openly have a disdain for  "lesser" photographers.
But you are still a Lugger through and through. Don't expect you to respond
more positively to this post. (And I actually agreed with you on one of
yours about 4 days ago). And I don't really care. Just to clear the air. And
get my Noctilux eventually (also saving my pennies). And damn happy Sue will
get hers!

Best,

David Ching

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Guess Mark is targeting me as I sort of started the thread.)