Subject: [Leica] A week in Rome with a a Monochrom
From: charbonneaup at videotron.ca (Charbonneau Pierre)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:06:47 -0500

Thank you Bob and all,

for the kind comments.

To answer your question about  this B&W conversion so to speak, actually I
have been shooting and printing B&W for about 40 years. I started doing the
darkroom at the age of 13....

If my photo business has been mostly shooting color E-6 slide films for my
clients, all my personal work has been shot in b&w, except for some
Kodachrome of my daughter's young life. I have maintained a nice darkroom up
to 3 years ago. The purchase of the M9 and of a big Epson printer killed it.

As for processing the Monochrom files, these are indeed flat, thank
goodness. I use Lightroom for exposure and contrast adjustment, dust
spotting,and cataloging. Then for some images, I am just starting to use
Silver Efex Pro to add to zip in certain cases. There are no standard
procedure as there were no standard exposure of contrast grade in the
darkroom work.

And the fun is coming pretty much from there...

PIERRE CHARBONNEAU PHOTOGRAPHE
Photographie corporative, ?ditoriale et publicitaire
Montr?al
514.481.2645
www.charbonneauphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A week in Rome with a a Monochrom)